Johannes Meßmer

Sorry, currently no support!

A longer break on www.joomess.de. :/
I'm currently working on a new version of jVote based on the powerful real-time platform Node.js.
I'm planning to provide plugins for Wordpress and Joomla 3 in the near future.
Because of my Informatics studies, I've currently no time to give support! I'm sorry for that, but there's no other way to handle this.

Thank you for your understanding!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Anonymous voting when user has logged in
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anonymous voting when user has logged in

Anonymous voting when user has logged in 2 years, 1 month ago #1620

• kettumatti
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Is it possible to vote anonymously when user is logged in?
Now it's quite easy to find out what answer each user has voted... I'd like to set up voting system where each user has one vote for each poll (that's possible now) and that vote would be saved anonymously in database.

Now I have manually disabled possibility to show user lists in frontend but it would be nice if that information could be disabled in backend too. Some kind of option to save votes anonymously woud be nice

Re: Anonymous voting when user has logged in 1 year, 11 months ago #1768

• dhellion
  • Fresh Boarder
I need this functionality too. It could be turn into a perfect voting tool for elections...

Please, consider to develop this.

Re: Anonymous voting when user has logged in 1 year, 11 months ago #1770

• m2rt
  • Fresh Boarder
I am actually using the component the same way you are, but mind you, if you have comments enabled then its possible to see who commented on the topic and when you hover over the avatar, then you see how many times the user has voted. This created a panic in our company as people thought thats how many times people have received votes... it was the election of our employee of the year..

I disabled it by removing the avatar showing in the code.

Re: Anonymous voting when user has logged in 1 year, 11 months ago #1775

• joomess
  • Administrator
I can add an option to hide all voting lists in the frontend and backend. But remember that they are still linked in the database. Is that enough? I've currently no idea how to save the entries anonymously in the database.

m2rt wrote:
This created a panic in our company as people thought thats how many times people have received votes... it was the election of our employee of the year..

You are right, the tooltip could be misunderstood. I will add an option to disable it.

Best Regards,
Johannes Meßmer
Wenn dir meine Erweiterungen gefallen, dann bewerte sie und schreib ein kurzes Review: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/JohannesMessmer

Eine Spende hilft mir den Support und die Entwicklung aufrecht zu erhalten. Danke!

Re: Anonymous voting when user has logged in 1 year, 11 months ago #1777

• kettumatti
  • Fresh Boarder
joomess wrote:
I can add an option to hide all voting lists in the frontend and backend. But remember that they are still linked in the database. Is that enough? I've currently no idea how to save the entries anonymously in the database.

I think that's enough. Joomla administrators don't have direct access to database with their username/password. But how to prevent that another administrator can't change this option? Maybe password protected option? You'll have to give a password when you activate option and give the same password if you want to deactivate it? Or otherwise this option has to be can be set manually editing config file on server.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by kettumatti.
  • Page:
Moderators: Andreas
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
You are here: Home Forum

We need your help!

If you like my extensions, please write a short review in the JED!
It helps to keep up the development! Thank you!

You need help?

If you have questions or problems, simply use our support forum! We'll answer you as fast as possible! Click here to ask a question!

Stay up to date!

Circle our Google+ Page to stay up to date with updates and new releases. Click here to circle!
You can also recommend us to your friends!