Johannes Meßmer

Sorry, currently no support!

A longer break on www.joomess.de. :/
I'm currently working on a new version of jVote based on the powerful real-time platform Node.js.
I'm planning to provide plugins for Wordpress and Joomla 3 in the near future.
Because of my Informatics studies, I've currently no time to give support! I'm sorry for that, but there's no other way to handle this.

Thank you for your understanding!

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Fatal Memory Error in user.class.php
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fatal Memory Error in user.class.php

Fatal Memory Error in user.class.php 1 year, 10 months ago #1767

• fyddeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I'm getting a fatal memory error in Joomla 2.5.7 when I try to load the JVoteSystem 2.0.5 administrator. The same error appears when I try to load the Extension Manager (com_installer), which suggests it's calling the user.class.php file that's referenced in the error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /[snip]/components/com_jvotesystem/classes/user.class.php on line 202

I'm certain that memory is allocated properly.

Can you suggest a fix? Thank you.

Joe @ fyddeye

Re: Fatal Memory Error in user.class.php 1 year, 10 months ago #1774

• joomess
  • Administrator
Hello Joe,

open the file "components/com_jvotesystem/classes/user.class.php" and go to line 202. Replace the line through the following line:
$user->rights = $session->rights;

This should fix the bug. If it does not help, clean your '_jvotesystem_sessions' table via PHPmyAdmin.

Best Regards,
Johannes Meßmer
Wenn dir meine Erweiterungen gefallen, dann bewerte sie und schreib ein kurzes Review: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/JohannesMessmer

Eine Spende hilft mir den Support und die Entwicklung aufrecht zu erhalten. Danke!

Re: Fatal Memory Error in user.class.php 1 year, 10 months ago #1779

• fyddeye
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Johann! It worked. Just to clarify for others who might have this problem, you should comment out this line:

return $this->loadUser(false);

and replace it with this line:

$user->rights = $session->rights;

I also optimize the jvotesystem sessions table, just in case.

Joe @ fyddeye
  • Page:
Moderators: Andreas
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
You are here: Home Forum

We need your help!

If you like my extensions, please write a short review in the JED!
It helps to keep up the development! Thank you!

You need help?

If you have questions or problems, simply use our support forum! We'll answer you as fast as possible! Click here to ask a question!

Stay up to date!

Circle our Google+ Page to stay up to date with updates and new releases. Click here to circle!
You can also recommend us to your friends!